All previous posts to this blog have been made private. I am doing a complete reorganization and, if I can ever find someone to do it, a redesign as well. This little space has suffered serious neglect over the past two months, because every time I come to write, I feel irritated by the messiness, the lack of focus.
I have mentioned before that I did not originally intend for this to become a book review blog, and, while book reviews will still be a prominent feature because books are a prominent part of my life and I enjoy writing about them, I want to finally take the blog as a whole in a different direction. Or rather, to expand its focus. I want it to better reflect me and my interests, to actually feel like a home. So, with a clean slate, these are the new categories:
- Roots: things to remind me that where I come from is not all bad
- Treasure Chest: things I love on the Internet
- Happy Wagon: this week I have been happy and here is why
- Workroom: I have started a new project/created something/progressed with a goal
- Books/Television/Films/Music: I read/watched/listened to something and here is how it made me feel
- Faerie Tales: various odds and ends relating to faerie tales
- Little Scribbles: personal essays on whatever interests me
- Inspiration: people and things that inspire me
- Writing: posts on the process of writing and what it means to be a ‘real writer’
- Diary: posts about my personal life
- Housekeeping: things relating to the running of this blog
They are very broad, but hopefully this will mean that I can fit more into them. Previously, I was creating new categories with almost every post I made and it was getting ridiculous. Perhaps I will start using tags for the specifics.
I would like to make at least the ‘Happy Wagon’ posts a weekly thing, and do a ‘Diary’ post at least once a month, to give this place a little more life than it has had up to this point, but there is still not any kind of schedule. I have learned better than to commit to anything that requires me to be regularly accountable on the Internet. I do intend to have at least three posts written by the end of the month, though. Here’s hoping.